Hi Richard,

with the latest HEAD CVS your problem is solved. You have to
set the mime-type parameter as explained below:

<data xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0";>
<cinclude:includexml>
  <cinclude:src>http://www.google.com</cinclude:src>
  <cinclude:configuration>
    <cinclude:parameter>
      <cinclude:name>mime-type</cinclude:name>
      <cinclude:value>text/html</cinclude:value>
    </cinclude:parameter>
  </cinclude:configuration>
</cinclude:includexml>
</data>

This is a little bit verbose, but it does the trick.
What do you think about a deal? I helped you in fixing the
problem and you can now enhance the cocoon docs about this
new feature in the cinclude transformer. (You don't have
to if you don't want).

Carsten