Hello Andrew,

my final xsp should look like this:
<dataset>
  <xsp:logic>
 try{
     String timeOfDay = (new
SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy")).format(request.getParameter("date"));
}catch(Exception e){}
 </xsp:logic>
<esql:connection>
<esql:pool>IDC2_int</esql:pool>
<esql:execute-query>
<esql:query>
 select * from info_bericht  where country ='<xsp-request:get-parameter
name="GETcountry"/>'   AND  Info_datum = #<xsp:expr>timeOfDay</xsp:expr>#
 </esql:query>

like I stated before, as soon I get rid off the logic my query is successful.

Like you told me before my method now starts after the first xml element:

snip from IDC2_info_int_xsp.java
  /**
* Generate XML data.
*/
  public void generate() throws SAXException, IOException, ProcessingException {
  this.contentHandler.startDocument();
 AttributesImpl xspAttr = new AttributesImpl();

this.contentHandler.startElement(
  "",
  "dataset",
  "dataset",
  xspAttr
);
xspAttr.clear();

 this.characters("\n  ");

 try{
 String timeOfDay = (new
SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy")).format(request.getParameter("date"));
}catch(Exception e){}

 this.characters("\n\t\t");