Hi Roman,

thank you very much for your reponse.
I know that in theory, using actions is better than simply mixing pure Java
code in XSP pages. But it's true that I must go quite quickly, and just to
have an idea of how sessions work in Cocoon, I just would to have a first
try with the second solution. Of course, I have in project to have a deeper
understanding of what goes on under the hood with actions, but a little bit
latter. AFAIK, this concept is not really simple to figure out...

The solution you suggested to me works well, thanks:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsp:page

xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";

xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0";

xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0";

create-session="true">

<xsp:structure>

<xsp:include>java.util.Vector</xsp:include>

</xsp:structure>

<content>

<xsp:logic>

Vector items = (Vector)<xsp-session:get-attribute name="cart.items"/>;

if (items == null) items = new Vector(10,5);

items.add(<xsp-request:get-parameter name="item"/>);

session.setAttribute("cart.items",items);

<b>The list of items is:</b> <xsp-session:get-attribute name="cart.items"
default="not set"/>

</xsp:logic>

</content>

</xsp:page>

But the result is of the following form:

  The list of items is: 1336364336433643323643
  and I would like better it would be of this form:
    The list of items is:
    .133636
    433
    643
    3643
    323643
So instead of the following code,
<b>The list of items is:</b> <xsp-session:get-attribute name="cart.items"
default="not set"/>

I' ve tried the following one:
<b>The list of items is:</b>
<ul>
for (int i = 0; i &lt; items.size(); i++) {
        <li><xsp:expr>items.get(i)</xsp:expr></li>
}
     </ul>

I have the following error:
Line 226, column 59:  variable i not found in class
org.apache.cocoon.www.mount.essai.session3_xsp

Christian Haul has already taken pains (one more time) to explain me what
went wrong, but I'm afraid I've not all understood. I've casted the former
Object items onto Vector one, as suggested,
but it doesn't seem to be sufficient.

Have any idea?

Regards,
Cyril.