I Found IT!!! thanks a lot

At 11:50 06/02/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to tell you that you can wrap your xmlConsumer into a org.apache.cocoon.xml.IncludeXMLConsumer.
This class basically ignores the start/endDocument() and start/endDTD() method call:

parser.parse(inputSource, new IncludeXMLConsumer(xmlConsumer()));

BTW, where does your String come from? If you just want to emit one single tag, e.g. <test/> it will be easier to just call the sax methods directly.

I assume that your transformer extends AbstractTransformer. Then you can do the following

//create <test/> in consumer
super.startElement("", "test", "test", new org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl());
super.endElement("", "test", "test");

If you really want to build your own transformer, I can only recommend to have a look at the sources of cocoon-transformers. This helps a lot.

What confused me a bit about your last post, is that you have xsp code in your browser... Maybe you could explain in more detail what you are trying to do, then we might help you better.

Regards,

-Jan