Hi there,

I'm not quite sure If we are talking about the same. But cocoon w/ tomcat always takes it's time if it's run for the for the first time. That's, because a lot of files have to be compiled (check the contents of "work" in your tomcat directory). If your computer is quite slow it may take a couple of minutes till you see the welcome-page of cocoon. This behavior is the same on all OS, and not just Mac OS X. To speed things up, make sure your computer has a lot of RAM, that you have set all sitemaps according to your needs, that you aren't performing mounts from outside of cocoon's root (don't know why coccon on mac behaves like that) and check <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/performancetips.html>.

Markus