Thanks for the info. This looks really good. Any other things I should know about this before digging in?

Irv

Sean McKaharay wrote:
xReporter.......I am using xReporter right now. It takes a little time to
understand all the stylesheets but I think it works great for reporting.
Check it out: http://xreporter.cocoondev.org/index.html

-----Original Message----- From: Irv Salisbury III [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Mon 2/10/2003 1:41 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: Subject: Reporting Engine

I have been tasked to build/find/modify a reporting engine inside
cocoon. I have looked at the POI project, and it will not fit, as we
don't want Excel to be the client. I am hoping for any information
on
any engines that people have used inside cocoon, or if anyone knows
of
any engines that are XML based that could be integrated. Our ideal
solution would be:

1. Has an XML based template mechanism to let end users create
templates.
2. Uses XSL to translate to HTML/PDF. (We can build these, but if
the
engine has them already, great)
3. Has a mechanism for plugging in SQL into the pipeline for the data
put in the template. (We can build this as well, but if it is
already
in there, great)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Irv