hi nesto,

that IllegalStateException is a current cocoon bug (should by now be resolved in cocoon-2.0.5-dev and 2.1). cocoon is trying to notify an error, i.e. the one you are searching for. please have a look at your logs to see what the actual error is. if the cocoon logs don't reveal anything try the tomcat logs also.
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Im Auftrag von Nesto
Gesendet: Montag, 17. Februar 2003 11:30
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Newbie: where is the error?

Hi!

I use some JSP for the xml-data generation.
These JSPs import some java classes for query a database, and so on...
These classes are used ONLY in the JSPs.

Where I have to put these java classes on the cocoon context??
In the folder cocoon/WEB-INF?
Or somewhere inside the cocoon/myApp folder??
Do I have to configure the file cocoon.xconf for using of my custom classes?

Sorry for my newbie question, but I can't find where the error is!
In the sub-sitemap I wrote:
<map:match pattern="userdata.jsp">
 <map:act type="request">
   <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
   <map:generate type="jsp" src="" mime-type="text/xml"/>
   <map:transform src=""/> -->
   <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
  </map:act>
</map:match>

But, when I request http://myHost:8080/cocoon/myApp/userdata.jsp (of course with the parameters passed through an xhtml form) I can only obtain this:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade.reset(CoyoteResponseFacade.java:251)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1115)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)

Thank you for the help!
Nesto