Here's the skeleton of a document I'm writing about a
procedure that worked for me.  I tried to pass all of
this information via the build scripts, but all I got
back was the prompt (and no build).  I ran everything
by using the Ant that comes with the CVS download of
Cocoon.

Since I currently only have a Win/2000 machine to work
on, the notes have a Windows flavor.  Do the normal
DOS->UNIX translation to get the UNIX version.

If you want to reduce the size of Cocoon, you'll want
to avoid adding -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=yes as well
as adding the optional libs I put in on steps 2 and 3.

My purpose in putting this together was to build a
sandbox that I could use to experiment with various
Cocoon ideas and prototype applications.

Hopefully I'll get this entire thing written up, as
well as the appropriate 2.04 documentation sometime
soon.

HTH

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .

http://shopping.yahoo.com
** Cocoon Sandbox

1.   Obtain latest version via CVS
2.   Put optional jars in lib/optional
     a)   commons-logging-1.0.jar (for POI)
          from http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging.html
     b)   mail.jar (for mail client)
          from http://sun.java.com/products/javamail/
     c)   phpsrvlt.jar (for php source)
          from http://www.php.net
3.   Put local jars in lib/local
     a)   activation.jar (for JavaBeans)
          from http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html
     b)   jta.jar (for distributed transactions)
          from http://java.sun.com/products/jta/
     c)   xindice.jar (for xml database)
          from http://xml.apache.org/xindice/
4.   Edit lib/jars.xml to reference new jars in the lib/optional
     directory
5.   Edit properties.xml to turn off debugging and turn on
     optimization (optional).
6.   Make sure evironment variables are cleared.
     a)   SET CLASSPATH=
     b)   SET ANT_HOME=
7.   Set ANT_HOME to Cocoon's ant
     a)   SET ANT_HOME=tools
8.   Build Cocoon without samples, javadocs, and documentation.
     tools\bin\ant -Dcocoon.webapp.samples.include=false \
                   -Dcocoon.webapp.documentation.include=false \
                   -Dcocoon.webapp.javadocs.include=false \
                   -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes \
                   -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=yes \
                   -Dinstall.war=%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps \
                   webapp
9.   Rename the resulting cocoon.war to capps.war (or another name)
10.  Drop capps.war into %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps
11.  Delete all empty directories (optional)
12.  Modify sitemap.xmap to create a reasonable welcome file
13.  Change logging levels in logkit.xmap (optional)
14.  Change application description in web.xml (optional)