Good point - if your source document is well-formed
XML (it does look like it) - then put an
<?xml version="1.0"?> at the top,  rename it and
try:
<map:generate src="" type="file"/>

Derek

** I usually have "serverpages" or "file" as my type....

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 20/02/2003 01:12:06 >>>

Perhaps a trail :

You use <map:generate src="" type="html"/>,
so perhaps after the generator process, your html page is not
EXACTLY the same as your static html file, and your Xpath expression
fails.

I think you can trace Cocoon outputs during pipeline process as described
in the documentation.

Regards.
Laurent