Hi All,

I need some help regading fetching query from a properties file.

Currently I have written the query below in my XSP file under the
<esq:query> tag

              select
                      UPPER(CHN.CHANNEL_NAME) AS CHNL_NAME,
                      CHN.CHANNEL_NAME as CHANNEL_NAME,
                      CHN.CHANNEL_ID as CHANNEL_ID,
                      MAX(PCU.PEAK_CONC_USERS) as PEAK_CONC_USERS,
                      MAX(PCU.PEAK_CONC_TIME) as PEAK_CONC_TIME
                from
                      PEAKCONCUSERSREPORT PCU,
                      CHANNELS CHN
                where
                      PCU.PRODUCT_ID = <esql:parameter><xsp-request:get-parameter
name="productType"/></esql:parameter>
                      and PCU.DATE_ID =
to_date(<esql:parameter><xsp:expr>enddt</xsp:expr></esql:parameter>,'MON DD,
YYYY')
                      and CHN.CHANNEL_ID = PCU.CHANNEL_ID
                group by CHN.CHANNEL_ID, CHANNEL_NAME
                Order By <xsp:expr>column</xsp:expr> <xsp:expr>order</xsp:expr>

Now I need to fetch this query from a property file instead of writing the
query in the esql tag.

My question is : How do we write such query when it has dynamic values, like
the Product id depends on the PrductType parameter and the date_id depends
on the date selected at runtime, and the order by clause also depends on
some logic.

Is it possible to do this in cocoon.

I was thinking of using the java.util.Properties to load the properties file
and then get the query string.

Thanks in advance,
Panna