Hi,

I am PM of a project that needs to deploy a workable but customisable
portal as one of its components. The team working on this has set up a
Jetspeed-based solution using the demo site. I was wondering how usable
the Cocoon portal webapp is and whether anyone has compared it to the
Jetspeed one.

Also, is work still continuing on the Auth and Portal webapps? And is
there a release date for them?

We have to release incremental builds of the project but the final
release isn't until end of 2004 so I'm happy for us to work with beta
code (and even contribute to it if it adds to our project functionality)
as long as it seems a viable long-term project. What are the long-term
prospects of the Portal?

Thanks,
Tony.

__
Tony Linde                       Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292
AstroGrid Project Manager        Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311
Dept of Physics & Astronomy      Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
University of Leicester          Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH          Web:    http://www.astrogrid.org