Click here to read Branstorm Feb's cover story

Hello All,

I downloaded the source code for cocoon version 2.0.4, and ran the webapp task to create the war file. I then copied the war file into my web app folder on Tomcat 4.0.4.
However upon stopping and restarting Tomcat several times, it was not able to see the "cocoon" webapp. I then went through the Tomcat log files and found the following message :

HostConfig[localhost] Error deploying web application directory cocoon
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/cocoon/servlet/CocoonServlet (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)

Now upon going through the user's mail archive, I stumbled across someone who had a similar problem, except that he had the wrong version of the JVM.
However, my JAVA_HOME environment variable points to E:\j2sdk1.4.1_01, which is version 1.4 and greater. Is it possible that Tomcat is using some other JDK version, or JVM ? Please help if you know what the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

Shainal Gosai
Software Developer
W : (011) 5193149
Fax : (011) 5193100
Cell : 0829018263

Global Technology
www.glotec.co.za
Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated.

Please contact Susan Holt on [EMAIL PROTECTED] should you require further information