Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered a million times, however I've been searching high and low and cannot find any help.

Anyway, I've been lurking on these mailing lists and it seems that a lot of people think that Jetty is the way to go. So, as I'm ill at home today I thought I'd finally give cocoon a go and though I'd try and get it working on Jetty.

I have Cocoon 2.0.4, Jetty 4.2.8, Java 1.3.1 all on OSX 10.2.4

OK, I tried just popping the cocoon.war file in $JETTY_HOME/webapps and got the error:

Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

I tried exploding the war file and putting it in the same directory and got the same error.

I then tried copying the jar files from the Cocoon WEB_INF/lib folder to the Jetty ext folder. This time I got further, but when I tried to browse to localhost:8080/cocoon I got the following error displayed in my browser:

type: fatal

message: SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser does not implement XMLReader

sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

source: Cocoon servlet

I start Jetty with the command:

jetty.sh run

What am I doing wrong?

What do I need to do to get cocoon up and running under Jetty?

Are there any guides?

I managed to get it working under Tomcat just by dropping the war file in the webapps folder. I would however prefer to use Jetty.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Luke.
-----