Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> > > Do you know whether there is some mechanism to get the old
> > (=expired)
> > > content if the external source is not available after it expired?
> > >
> > No, it's not possible.
>
> At which 'level' would you solve that problem? Would you write a special
> generator?

Yes, exactly.

But I'm not sure if this is a good solution. If the external source
is not available, you usually get a timeout (4 or 5 minutes?). So, you
have to wait for this timeout and then serve from the cache; this time
is too long for the casual user.

I would suggest that you always serve from the cache even if the content
has expired. If it has expired you will the cache in the background.
This can be done in a special generator as well.

Carsten