Hello!

I meet this problem some months ago. I made a solution using XSP. I think
you can easily enhance this piece of code:

<xsp:logic>
        String key = <xsp-request:get-parameter name="table_id" default=""/>;
        while (key.equals("")) {
                Random aleatorio = new Random();
                int new_key = aleatorio.nextInt(Integer.MAX_VALUE) + 1;
                llave = String.valueOf(new_key);
                /* Check into database if the key exist into the table */
                <esql:execute-query>
                        <esql:query>
                                SELECT table_id FROM table WHERE
table_id=<esql:parameter
type="int"><xsp:expr>new_key</xsp:expr></esql:parameter>
                        </esql:query>
                        <esql:results>
                                <esql:row-results>
                                        key = "";
                                </esql:row-results>
                        </esql:results>
                </esql:execute-query>
        }
</xsp:logic>
<parameter name="table_id"><xsp:attribute
name="value"><xsp:expr>key</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute></parameter>

best regards,

Antonio Gallardo