Hi,

> I would like to dynamically generate an RSS feed from
> currently available XML files in a folder on my
> webserver to be displayed in the Cocoon portal.
I did that some days ago ...

This was my approach:
1. Use the directory generator to generate the list of files in your folder
2. Transform the file list to cinclude statements
3. Transform the the list with the cinclude transformer
4. Apply a nice xsl wich selects the stuff you want to have in your rss
feed ;-)

You pipeline will look like this:
<map:match pattern="foobar">
     <map:generate type="dir" src="your/dir/"/>
      <map:transform src="dir2cinclude.xsl"/>
      <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
      <map:transform src="cinclude2rss.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

don't know if it's the best way, but it simply works
maybe there are some performance problems if you have
many and/or large files

kind regards
Jens Maukisch
s&n AG
netBank solutions
Klingenderstr. 5    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-33100 Paderborn   http://www.s-und-n.de