Geoff,

Ok we are going to get this sorted!

My directory structure looks like this:

C:\tomcat\webapps\cocoon\soundpool\images\musicnews.gif

C:
  |-Program Files
       |-Apaache Group
                |- ...
  |-tomcat
       |-webapps
                |-cocoon
              \sitemap.xmap
                        |-soundpool
                          \sitemap.xmap
                                |-images
                                        \musicnews.gif

I have put the following code into my MAIN sitemap which is located in
the cocoon directory:

                <!-- soundpool Folder -->
                <map:pipeline>
                        <map:match pattern="soundpool/**">
                                <map:mount check-reload="yes"
reload-method="synchron" src="soundpool/sitemap.xmap"
uri-prefix="soundpool"/>
                        </map:match>
                </map:pipeline>

This tells cocoon where my soundpool folder is and its sitemap.

I then have the soundpool sitemap in the soundpool folder.

In the Apache httpd file the only code I have added is:

JkMount /examples ajp13
JkMount /examples/* ajp13

JkMount /jk ajp13
JkMount /jk/* ajp13

JkMount /cocoon ajp13
JkMount /cocoon/* ajp13

Now my readers in my soundpool sitemap look like this, with my current
directory set up:

        <!-- images Readers -->

                <map:match pattern="soundpool/images/*.gif">
                        <map:read mime-type="image/gif"
src="soundpool/images/{1}.gif"/>
                </map:match>

                <map:match pattern="soundpool/images/*.jpg">
                        <map:read mime-type="image/jpg"
src="soundpool/images/{1}.jpg"/>
                </map:match>

The above code is within my pipeline in the soundpool sitemap. I also
have put the following code in the components section:

        <map:readers default="resource">
         <map:reader logger="sitemap.reader.resource" name="resource"
pool-max="32"

src="org.apache.cocoon.reading.ResourceReader"/>
        </map:readers>

        </map:components>

Finally in my xsl file I have referenced the image like so:

So I have done (I think) everything you have suggest.

Can you check to see if I have?

Note: Look at the live site through Internet Explorer, as the Netscape
version is currently set to PDA version, which needs a lot of work. If
you don't have IE I can change them around.

Thank you,

Richard.