-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Christian Haul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. März 2003 18:08
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: nested queries with esql

On 12.Mar.2003 -- 05:55 PM, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:

> that is actually working fine!
>
> Maybe a reason:
> The one we started the discussion with:
> The first query was based on a ACCESS query and the second was based on a table!
>
> The personnel is based on 2 tables! <- I have put everything in an Access DB to see
> whether it is working!
>
> ...what do you thing?

>From the implementation point of view it should not make a
difference. ESQL does not know about tables. All it knows about are
queries and result sets.

So, if it really depends on MS Access whether there are two or one
table, I'd say either the jdbc driver or MS Access is
broken. Following the discussions on this list, I'd say both
are. Anyhow, I have not worked with these products, this is only
hearsay.

-> Don't try to work with that product it is pain in the a...!

But there might have slipped a typo into your sample and table count
doesn't matter.

-> I had a similar problem before. After a query all the integer have been converted
to string!

...anyway I will but it in the wiki. That way we can keep track with the problem!

Thorsten

        Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l