http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HowTos
section database!

regards
Thorsten

p.s. there is a similar example of what you are planing to do in "Cocoon: Building XML Application" from Ziegler and langham! ISBN have to search this list for it:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&w=2

karthikeyan wrote:

Hi,

 I want to create simple news posting script.  Just wondering which is
 the best way to go for this.

If i go with ESQL way what are the necessary jar to place in my lib
folder.  I just dont want to place lots of jar files for something which
i may not use for right now.

If you can point my out some tutorial of cocoon working with database
that would be great. I saw the one which comes with cocoon but i want
something BARE MINIMUM.

Something like

<XSQL>select * from news</XSQL>

 Now I presume that the above tag will return xml data, i need to use
 XSLT and produce the output.

How should i go about this.

Have a great day.

Karthikeyan.