On wto, mar 25, 2003 at 06:51:25 +0100, Hussayn Dabbous wrote:
> ok, here is what i did (briefly):
>
> 1.) Set up an eclipse java-project named "cocoon"
> 2.) Import all cocoon-2.0.4 sources into the
>     cocoon-project (i did this during project creation).
> 3.) Setup project environment to compile
>     cocoon from within eclipse. You need to add all
>     necessary libs by hand. I also had to
>     discard some classes due to unavailable
>     jars (i remeber about 5 classes only to be
>     deleted from the cocon distrib). Otherwise the
>     project would not compile ;-(
> 4.) create a launch config as already described on
>     default port 8000 (in fact you can use anything else too)
> 5.) place breakpoints into any point of the cocoon sources
>     I had no problems as you describe...
> 6.) Set the JAVA_OPTS as already described.
> 7.) Start tomcat with startup.sh
> 8.) Launch the launch config from 4.)
> 9.) Sit back and watch your appserver beeing fully
>     under your control...
Sure that works for cocoon _static_ sources, but have you tried the same with
dynamically generated .java from XSPs? I can set a breakpoint, the execution
stops but eclipse says it cannot find sources although they are in the
project. I can debug XSPs in jSwat but that is not even half as good as
eclipse
        ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]          _\\()//_