When I try to reach the CSS directly, I get a Cocoon error (see below).

> What do you want to reach with
>
> <map:parameter name="css-stylesheet" value="book.css"/>
>
> ?? Do you have a global <xsl:param name="css-stylesheet"/> in your
book.xsl?

No, I do not. I commented that line out, and the link to the CSS still
appears in the HTML result, so it obviously doesn't do anything useful here.
Not sure why I put that in there, except for my newbieness...just hacking
around to see if I could get it to work.

> This only for clarification. Test the stylesheet independent of the
DocBook
> HTML with "http://myserver:8080/cocoon/book/book.css";. If you get it, hmm,
> don't know. If not, what do you get?

When I follow the suggestion to access the CSS alone, I get this error:

type resource-not-found

message Resource not found

description The requested URI "/cocoon/book/book.css" was not found.

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/book/book.css

path-info