I have tried several xsl and after double checking each of them  I am stumped.

I found several zarros in  bugzilla. In mail list I have seen several "Failed to execute pipeline"  and a couple related to NPE, but none linking either to "Errors in XSLT".  Worse these other msgs don't indicate what solved the their problems.

I am running 2.04 on w2k and I sure could use a clue.  All classes immediately surrounding the error are all cocoon. I have been studiously avoiding 2.1 beta chaos. Is it now time to dive in?  will that help?

Don

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException: Errors in XSLT transformation:
Fatal: java.lang.NullPointerException

 at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java:410)