Let me know what you guys think about this.

The general idea these days is to seperate content logic and style, as cocoon does very well. However, I think it is even better if you can seperate structure from style. The way i have done this in the past is with template calling in xsl. However, I think it would be much cleaner to have two style sheet transformations in cocoon, one that takes content to structure, and another that takes structure to style.

For example, if I had an employee database that output xml like this (content):

<employee id=2>
  <name>Some Name</name>
  <phone>343234234</phone>
</employee>

I would then transform it to some structural language like this:

<box title="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
<section title="details">
</section>
<section title="some other section">
</section>
</box>

And then finally transform the structural elements to some sort of presentational form.

Preferably the structural language would consist of as few as possible elements, maybe a couple types of box's, a couple types of lists, a couple types of sections, etc.

Do people do stuff like this already, and if so are there any good xml languages that one could use to describe structure?

Kris

Do you Yahoo!?