Nier, Nikolai wrote:

Hi,
I'm using cocoon 2.04 with Tomcat 4.1. I'm quite new to cocoon, so I hope this hasn't
been discussed before - I've checked the mail archive and there was some discussion
re. Firebird but it seems that mine is a different problem, as the driver isn't loaded
in the first place.

I have successfully set up and used an Oracle DB connection before, and now I'm trying to use a Firebird DB.

even if it might be off-topic. but if there is not a very good reason for using Firebird, I would not recommend it. We tried to use it in the last projects and had a lot of problems.

Not with the database itself, but the development process seems to be chaotic and the documentation is extremly bad, support hardly available. I expected a lot of it, but now I am pretty dissapointed.

So if there is not any other reason why to use it, take PostgreSQL or mySQL. Both are meanwhile also available as Windows versions, which might be intersting for development purposes, but the server will obviously be Linux, so I can recommend both of them.

Alex