Can you put the configuration stuff into cocoon.xconf? Then it would be available in configure(). If not you could implement Contextualizable and get the HttpContext like this:

   public void contextualize(Context aContext) throws ContextException {
       myContext =
           (HttpContext) aContext.get(Constants.CONTEXT_ENVIRONMENT_CONTEXT);
   }

then you could get the file like this:

myConfigFile = new File(myContext.getRealPath(myConfigFileName));

Charles

(this works in 2.1, should in 2.0.4, though maybe minor differences)

DURDINA Michal wrote:

Hello!
I am using own ConfigurableComposerAction and I have problem with loading
configuration from external file (from filesystem). In act() method, I would
use SourceResolver parameter passed to this method, but in configure()
method I do not know where should I get the source resolver from.

I am using Cocoon 2.0.4 with compiled sitemap, thus I cannot use this:
public void compose(ComponentManager manager) throws ComponentException {
this.manager = manager;
this.resolver = (SourceResolver)manager.lookup(SourceResolver.ROLE);
}

Thank you for your help, Michal