I am not dead set against anything.. although I think flow is ruled out because this project is running on 2.0.4. I will probably implement some actions, they seem to be the cleanest way to accomplish this. Thanks very much for your help!

-Daniel

Geoff Howard wrote:

If you are dead set against using actions or flow, then I'd recommend
continuing your pipeline with the select data you want. Probably the
best way to do this is
1) after the first sql transform, insert an xsl transform that replaces the
results of the insert with a cinclude of a pipeline that handles your select
statement.

or

2) have your pipeline aggregate two pipelines.  One pipeline
would be your insert, the other your select.  In the final result, your
xsl would ignore the output of the insert pipeline.

The first has the advantage that you can react to the result of the
sql transform and display different content.  I tend to dislike the
sql transformer for this kind of problem and prefer actions - the
modular database actions are very powerful.  Perhaps someone that
uses the sql transformer for inserts could provide a more elegant
solution.

HTH,
Geoff