I have a  java application which executes dynamic SQL and based on the result set
generates appropriate .XLS file. This java application internally uses cocoon and poi
libraries to generate the Excel file.

By default, for each cell generation approximately 10 lines are getting printed on the
console. As, I have a large Excel file, generation of this file is taking a very long
time. It appears the debug level is set to DEBUG (if not specified)

Is there a POI api to set the log level to FATAL which will reduce the number of log
message displayed.
Otherwise is there a way to dump the output to a file, instead of the console.

Thanks,

Vishal