Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

I think it's not in the the cocoon project's goals.

Why not? A good reason which I can see for such a component is that you could use the features of TeX to automatically create printable pages with high quality.

I cant get the point. Cocoon is an XML publishing tool. The central idea is the XML based pipeline.

Why should Cocoon now be responsible for a hodgepodge of other publication tasks? how does TEX fit into the pipeline? not at all. only if (what I would *really* appreciate) someone would generate an TeX generator, that creates XML out of tex; this would seamless integrate also TeX ressources.

but TeX processing is obviously no Cocoon purpose.

The next one will ask, why Cocoon cannot create WML from powerpoint or SVG from Postscript.

So there are many publication traces thinkable: Cocoon is one of them.

Alex