On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 07:01 PM, Robert Koberg wrote:

Andre was a bit off with his comments. Also he is using a long-hand version
when there is a simpler way to accomplish it (attribute value templates or
{} in an attribute). Joerg was showing you how to "strip" the leading and
trailing whitespace from your "report-name" element's value.

Thanks for correcting me. I learned something here!

I would recommend you both get Mike Kay's XSLT book from Wrox (if it still
out there...), or perhaps Jeni Tennison's Xpath book as it is more geared to
beginners. I wouldn't recommend XML in a Nutshell as an XSL book.

Well, yes, the "* in a Nutshell" books are more reference books and are not tutorials by nature. That also depends on your preference I guess...
Also worth checking out: "XSLT" (0-596-00053-7) and "XSLT Cookbook" (0-596-00372-2) on their site <www.oreilly.com/catalog>.

(Sorry for being partial to O'Reilly books...)

--
André Thénot
p  e  a  c  e  :  p  a  i  x  :  p  a  x  :  s  h  a  l  o  m