Paul Tomsic wrote:
SUM() most CERTAINLY is a function in XSL.
From page 554 of WROX, "XSLT 2nd Edition, Programmer's
Reference" by Michael Kay,

"The sum() function calculates the total set of
numeric values contained in a node-set.
For example, if the context node is the element <rect
x="20" y="30"/> then the expression <<sum(@*) >>
returns 50."

Now HOW are you going to tell me that SUM() isn't an
XSLT function?

Calm down! XML and so XSLT is case-sensitive, so SUM() is not a XSLT function, but sum(). This difference is important! And there is still the fact, that you wrote it as text and not as expression in the XSLT meaning.

Joerg

When I remove the sum() from my SQL query, however,
and simply use it from within the XSL page, I'm fine.

I was just wondering what the best way to escape sql
functions like SUM() would be using cocoon?

Paul Tomsic wrote:
Is there a way to escape the SQL function SUM()
from within the <sql:query> element in the

scheme.xml

file?

I'm trying to do:

<sql:query>
 SELECT SUM(column) FROM WHATEVER WHERE etc...
</sql:query>

but during the transform, I'm getting an error,
obviously, b/c the SUM() is a function from within
XSL.

Thoughts?

thanks