Do you mean request parameters? There are three input modules that allow access
to request details, request, request-param, and request-attr.

I've only used request param, with which you can get get/post parameters from the
request, e.g: http://server/cocoon/page?name=peter

You can use 'peter' in your sitemap like this:

<map:transform src="xsl/foo.xsl">
  <map:parameter name="name" value="{request-param:name}"/>
</map:transform>

So, Peter will be passed to the transform as a parameter.

Is this what you're after?

Upayavira