> > Presumably what you're saying is that you want to be able to mount
> > the common.xmap, but for that sitemap to be able to find out the
> > name of the directory that it was mounted to, so that it can be used
> > in locating other resources? Is that right?

> Yes. Exactly that. Is that possible?

Hmm. As I was writing that I was hoping you weren't going to say yes!!

Anyway, I have built something similar recently, although I didn't have the two
sitemaps, I did it all with one.

I used stuff like:

<map:match pattern="*/page.html">
  <map:generate src="skins/{1}/config.xml"/>
  <map:transform src="common/prepare.xsl"/>
  <map:transform src="skins/{1}/skin.xsl">
    <map:parameter name="skin" value="{1}"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

There you have a site that'll work for the following structure:

root/
  sitemap.xmap
  skins/
    foo/
      config.xml
      skin.xsl
    bar/
      config.xml
      skin.xsl
  common/
    prepare.xsl

With a system like that, you can have some files accessed from your 'skins' directory
structure, and others from your common shared files, depending upon whether you
want them shared or separate.

Then you just need an error handling pipeline to catch those situations where the
URL doesn't match a valid skin.

Make sense? Does this do what you want?

Regards, Upayavira