you have to do this in the setup of the serializer in sitemap.xmap.  See
the docs for details.  Remember if you need some pipelines to use
different settings, you can set up the same serializer class under
different pipeline shortcut names with different configs.  You may
be able to do this per-pipeline inside <map:serialize> but I don't
know about that.

HTH,
Geoff Howard