I own the Developer's Handbook and it is quite good. Unfortunately, Cocoon contains so much good stuff no one book can really cover it.

As big as it is, Developer's Handbook still could use more information. I've conversed with Lajos about this and would love to see his book split into two. For programming purposes you really need a whole book devoted to the Avalon framework as it is pretty hard to do any serious Cocoon development without a good understanding of it.

I'd really like to see more robust information on the Portal. I've printed everything I can find on it but just can't seem to figure out how I'd build one from scratch. I'm also at a loss to understand why there is a component-configurations element within the pipelines element.