Nathaniel Alfred wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Price [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Montag, 30. Juni 2003 20:04

Cocoon's form handling is (imho) it's weakest area at present although it is rapidly improving with the interplay between flow and xmlform.

Simon

Luke Penca wrote:

Are textareas implemented in Woody yet? I cannot find

anything in the (oh so sparse) documentation.

Furthermore, has anyone used Woody extensively yet? (I

know, I know, it's alpha at this point but I need some serious forms handling.) Should I be considering Xforms instead? Who got some experience getting their hands bloodied with forms in Cocoon? I'm ever anxious to find out.

Luke.....

I've just started prototyping with Woody and I think it is a
diamond in the raw.  Finally a form handling package that does
not require you to write a bean class or Cocoon action for
every little form!

I think it can even get better: just made a posting on cocoon-dev on how we could have it working for binding to a bean class as well :-)

Coming to the original question:  There is no special textarea widget
but you can emulate it easily by a field widget with styling:

                    <wt:widget id="question">
                      <xhtml:textarea rows="5" cols="30"
wrap="physical"/>
                    </wt:widget>

yep.

which is then transformed into HTML as:

    <xsl:template match="wi:field[wi:styling/xhtml:textarea]">
      <xhtml:textarea name="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="wi:styling/xhtml:textarea/@*"/>
        <xsl:choose>
          <xsl:when test="wi:value != ''">
            <xsl:value-of select="wi:value"/>
          </xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>
            <xsl:value-of select="'&#160;'"/>
          </xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>
      </xhtml:textarea>
    </xsl:template>

HTH, ALfred.

nice angle of attack,
(you might want to add a call-template to add the 'wi:validation' section to the show)

care to share this as a patch?
(it's the surest way to start cutting the diamond out of the raw stone :-))

regards,
-marc=
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]