Hi Dave,

At our library we use the following tools (links below to
our guidelines) to confirm transfer of digital files. I personally
haven't used these tools with such a large dataset as your's but might be
worth testing.

Robocopy (Robust File Copy) for PC http://tinyurl.com/ke9esag
rsync  for MAC http://tinyurl.com/kgoqb2c

then for confirming no changes over time, we use checksums generating tools
such as DROID (then compare using Excel) or Quickhash [1]

Here some helpful explanation of using checksums, _File Verification using
MD5 Checksums_[2]

Hope this helps,
​Monica

Quoting "Bigwood, David" <dbigw...@hou.usra.edu>:

Open for suggestions for a fingerprinting tool. I think that's what
they are called.

We are copying NASA imagery to make available to the public. They
send us a hard drive with about 10,000 images and we copy them to a
drive then return the original.

I'd like a tool that would compare the 2 drives to make sure
everything was copied correctly. Then something that would be able to
tell if some file had degraded, went missing or been changed over
time.

Thanks,
David Bigwood
dbigw...@hou.usra.edu<mailto:dbigw...@hou.usra.edu>