This fellowship aims to support the work of scholars in the humanities or
social sciences, librarians, archivists, and data science professionals whose
research interests or practice cut across traditional disciplinary boundaries
and actively employ technology in their work. Projects can address any aspect
of the Italian Renaissance, broadly understood historically to include the
period from the 14th to the 17th century, and geographically to include
transnational dialogues between Italy and other cultures (e.g. Latin American,
Mediterranean, African, Asian etc.). Projects should apply digital technologies
such as mapping, textual analysis, visualization, or the semantic web to topics
in fields such as art and architecture, history, literature, material culture,
music, philosophy, religion, and history of science.

I Tatti offers Fellows the precious time they need to pursue their studies with
a minimum of obligations and interruptions together with a maximum of scholarly
resources—a combination that distinguishes the Harvard Center from similar
institutions. In order to foster a collaborative spirit, Fellows are expected
to live in the Florence area and to spend at least three days a week at the
center. Lunch and tea are served each weekday, and the I Tatti community takes
shape over these convivial occasions. Each year, a limited number of activities
organized at I Tatti are reserved for the Fellows, and they join the wider
community at conferences, lectures, and concerts.

This is a residential fellowship of 4 or 6 months in length that will provide
the time, space, and resources necessary to discover, explore, and build. Up to
two fellowships will be awarded every year.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs:
https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/27841-fellowship-in-the-digital-humanities