Well, looking at Software Freedom Day, which has somehow managed to get itself a logo with virtually no organizational infrastructure, I don't see why Code4Lib shouldn't. I suspect their logo design wasn't done by amateurs, however, even if they were volunteers. Of course they have a much larger, global base of volunteers...

I think it's a cool idea.

Carol