emolanphy++

I, too, being a closet design nerd, would also volunteer to be on some sort of
committee.

-Sean

>>> Emily Molanphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/29/08 4:51 PM >>>
Ignite, Drupal, Ubuntu, OLPC and lots of other tech groups have logos and
brand identities. Actually some of the best- known logos are for
non- profits-- I'll bet most of us can mentally summon the United Way logo, no
problem. I don't see it as a corpporate gesture. Code4Lib is a group that
people are excited to be associated with, so I think it makes sense to have
a logo to put on stickers, shirts, etc.

I'll offer that I tried my hand at designing a logo for my library last
year. In fact, several of my colleagues made attempts as well, but I won't
implicate them by name. The results ranged from uninspiring to ridiculously
terrible. We're now working with a professional graphic designer and I think
that's a good way to go.

Because of our project, I've gotten interested in logos and would like to
volunteer to serve on the committee, if there is one.

Emily