Tim McGeary wrote:
The Open Library Environment (OLE, pronounced oh-lay) Project invites you to apply to participate in a two day Regional Design Workshop. The purpose of this workshop is to provide a forum for representatives of local research libraries and related institutions to discuss our work surrounding the current Integrated Library System and ideas on what this type of core system should incorporate. Workshops are being held in a variety of locations in the US over the next 2 months. For more information and to find a location near you, go to:
http://oleproject.org/workshops.

That's quite a collection of workshops schedule. I've been interested in the project since John Little first mentioned it here. On behalf of the Spring 2008 JA-SIG conference committee I invited him (and he accepted) to do a birds of a feather session at the conference. There are some things that I am working on that I think may fit well with the project (I was also a developer for a piece of Kuali Rice, so I know some of the Indiana folks) but I can't really tell from the number of workshops how the will inter-relate. Since there were a few dates where there are simultaneous workshops in different cities it would seem to me that some sort of video conference and a real time collaborative system (we used Macromedia Breeze for the Kuali project with developers at Cornell and Indiana) would be useful.

With the current economy I know that travel budgets are undergoing a lot of scrutiny (I've even heard of a very large university system out west that may be halting all business travel for awhile) attending even one of the workshops may be problematic.