Ed Summers wrote:
Until Kevin Clarke happened to mention it in #code4lib I didn't know
that the list of proposals so far is available at:

  http://library.brown.edu/code4libcon09/proposals/list/

Thanks for posting this. I remember seeing the list from when I submitted my proposal but didn't save the link.

As a member of the planning committee for another conference that is taking place the week after Code4Lib I would recommend *not* procrastinating in getting a proposal submitted.

I've been on the planning committee for the past 5 JA-SIG conferences and in every case most wait until the last minute to submit their proposals and it causes a lot of grief among the planners as they wonder if they're going to get enough content to present the conference. It always works out in the end but it *still* causes a lot of grief for the conference planners. What *has* helped us a lot is that several people have contacted us with an "intent to submit a proposal" as they wait for confirmation from their management that they might be able to attend. In the current economy there are a lot of higher ed institutions that are undergoing a lot of scrutiny on their travel budgets so I understand that many be reluctant to submit a proposal early. In my case, I submitted a proposal early because I won't be allowed to travel to a conference unless I *am* presenting. It's very likely that I won't be able to attend the JA-SIG conference even though I'm on the planning committee.