I've got nothing against putting http uris in OpenURLs myself. I don't understand the objection to that, really.

Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of all this to be able to put the URI in an OpenURL? And info was invented (in part) to avoid putting http URIs in OpenURLs (because they are complicated enough already, why clutter them further). So I don't see that pursuing an http solution to this is very useful. --Ray

----- Original Message ----- From: "Houghton,Andrew" <hough...@oclc.org>
To: <CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] registering info: uris?

From: Code for Libraries [mailto:code4...@listserv.nd.edu] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Rochkind
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 5:18 PM
To: CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU

I am not interested in maintaining a sudoc.info registration, and
neither is my institution, who I wouldn't trust to maintain it (even to
the extent of not letting the DNS registration expire) after I left.
BTW, you could always use http://purl.org/ and later if you wanted
to have it resolve to something just change the PURL.