Hi David, et al.,

Aleph does have an SRU/SRW interface, though it's really just a translator that accepts CQL queries and maps them to z39.50 queries. We haven't implemented at NYU, though I've been meaning to get it running to give our digital library folks a cleaner interface.

For Aleph customers, there's a file called "ALEPH SRU/SRW Server" in the ExL doc portal. It's listed under "Z39.50 SRU (Cross Version)" rather than under a specific Aleph version.

Best,
-Corey

Walker, David wrote:
Are you saying that Aleph has no native SRU capability and YAZ is the only SRU access to it?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure Alpeh *doesn't* have an
SRU interface.  There's no documentation for one on the Ex Libris site anyway.

It does have some web services, and it's possible the library you are accessing
here, Ralph, has written an SRU wrapper around those.  YAZ Proxy in front of
the Alpeh Z39 server also a possibility, as Ere mentioned.

Probably best to talk to the specific library here.  It's very likely this is
their own creation.

--Dave

David Walker
Library Web Services Manager