Depends on how much you want to pay.  You can buy any laptop at BestBuy,
Target, etc., format it when you bring it home, and put Linux on it.
Unfortunately a portion of the cost of the laptop goes to the Windows 7
license, but that's almost inescapable.  Even still, you can get a pretty
good laptop for $500.

I have been using Ubuntu since 2005.  It is overall probably the most
stable and beginner-friendly distribution.  I'm sure people on the list
will disagree, but Linux is much better than MacOS as a web application
development environment.

Ethan