**** Apologies for Cross-Posting *********

I am happy to announce an exciting opportunity available in our rapidly
expanding Digital Library Services Department within the Hesburgh Libraries at
the University of Notre Dame.

Reporting to the Digital Library Services Department Head, we are seeking a
senior candidate with strong software development and leadership skills to lead
and implement automated services to support digital initiatives for both the
Hesburgh Libraries and the wider campus community. Collaborating with the
Digital Library Services Department Head and Digital Library Applications Lead,
the incumbent will lead digital library infrastructure design to ensure access,
discovery, security, data integrity, and preservation of unique library
collections, campus research data, and conference event data. The incumbent
will lead creation of complex software services to automate capture of
metadata, archive data files, transform image and video files, automate
digitization, and aggregate information from multiple sources. Because this is
an area with constantly shifting needs, this individual must have a strong
foundation in server-side software design as well as a high aptitude for mast!
 ering new skills and technologies quickly. This position will participate in
cross departmental and organizational groups with partners from the Center for
Research Computing (CRC), OIT, University Archives, and researchers to support
research data management efforts throughout campus. This position will
coordinate the efforts of multiple developers across multiple projects.

In collaboration with universities such as Stanford, Virginia, and University
of Hull, the incumbent will also contribute to an open source project called
Hydra (http://hydraproject.org) to create groundbreaking digital library
applications, tools, and services. Faculty, researchers, students, and staff
will benefit directly from this partnership through solutions created for
preserving data, building rich discovery systems, managing descriptive
information, and sharing information across multiple groups and institutions
required by research projects and data management services mandated by grant
funding agencies such as NSF.

*Note: There are also a few extra benefits like guaranteed opportunity to
purchase football tickets every year, among others!

For more information or to apply go to jobs.nd.edu:

https://jobs.nd.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=196257

More about the University of Notre Dame:

The University of Notre Dame is a highly selective national Catholic teaching
and research university in northern Indiana about ninety miles from Chicago.
Approximately 8,200 undergraduates and 3,100 graduate students pursue a broad
range of studies. The University Libraries <http://www.library.nd.edu> hold
about 3 million volumes and provide access to more than 23,000 serials. The
Libraries have 140 staff and 55 librarians. The Libraries are a member of the
Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI), ARL, NERL and other consortia. The
University of Notre Dame is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
strongly committed to diversity. We value qualified candidates who can bring a
variety of backgrounds to our community.

Thanks!
Rick
Rick Johnson
Head, Digital Library Services Department
Hesburgh Libraries
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN USA 46556
http://www.library.nd.edu