Likewise Mendeley also has an API, which gives you a JSON array of the
citation data (http://apidocs.mendeley.com/home/public-resources/search-details)
 There are some JSON -> CSV scripts around:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4130849/convert-json-format-to-csv-format-for-ms-excel
which I've used with varying degrees of success.

You could probably also use the SQLite trick on a local Mendeley DB,
but ideally this is something that should work without the need for
such hacks. We've done some work on a Mendeley -> Symplectic Elements
-> IR workflow and hopefully can extend this to work for more IRs in
the future.

William Gunn
+1 646 755 9862
http://synthesis.williamgunn.org/about/

Support free access to scientific journal articles arising from
taxpayer-funded research: http://wh.gov/6TH