Having a sort of "speed dating" setup might help make better fits between
mentors and mentees, as well.
+1, not only to satisfy the 'room full of nerds' case, but also the fact that people spend their free time @ code4libcon in a variety of ways, and not everyone might want to, e.g., wind up in the hospitality suite.