Thomas-

This isn't something I've run across yet.  But one thing you could do is create
some URIs for different kinds of unknown/nonexistent titles:

example:book1 dc:title example:unknownTitle
example:book2 dc:title example:noTitle
etc.

You could then describe example:unknownTitle with a label or comment to fully
describe the states you wanted to capture with the different categories.

-Esme
--
Esme Cowles <escow...@ucsd.edu>

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the
 argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt, 1783