From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:web4...@listserv.nd.edu] On Behalf
Of Thomas Edelblute
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 12:23 PM
To: web4...@listserv.nd.edu
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Interactive content for digital signage

When we did a remodel of the library a few years ago, I first looked at a
server that would feed the content to various digital signs that we could
change on the fly and pull content from RSS feeds.  But management balked at
the $30,000 price tag on that.  So we went with a company that provides large
television like monitors that read JPG files of USB drives and are turned on
and off by a Christmas tree timer.  The company also supports these setups with
auto-dealerships in the area.

Thomas Edelblute
Public Access Systems Coordinator
Anaheim Public Library