The old GUIBuilder is not amenable to splitting things into modules - it
uses a monolithic app structure.  Themes, however, can be packaged into
cn1libs quite nicely, and the new GUI builder can also work in a modular
way, since the generated form classes take a Resources object as a
parameter.

However, my in my personal experience, many of these IDE features aren't
easily available inside library projects.  Usually if I want to do
something creative, I just use a regular application project, and then
create a custom ANT script for packaging what I need into a cn1lib.  The
format of a cn1lib is pretty straight forward, so it's pretty easy to just
wrap whatever I want into it.

Steve

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Gareth Murfin <gareth.mur...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot. Also since there is no statemachine in a cn1lib, how do you
> do things like createContainer? Can you actually have a lib with a theme in
> it, and gui forms etc? I want to bundle up my chat functionality into a
> lib, including screens etc. The it would be an extremely easy way for any
> app to add a chat room.
>
> On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 12:33:57 AM UTC+8, Steve Hannah wrote:
>>
>> If you want to develop a lib that depends on another lib, just add the
>> "build/classes" of the "depended upon" library project to the classpath of
>> the project's lib.
>>
>> E.g.  If project A depends on project B, add B/build/classes to the
>> classpath of A.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Gareth Murfin <gareth...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to have a lib inside another lib? The option for freshing
>>> libs seems to be ghosted out.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Visit this group at
>>> https://groups.google.com/group/codenameone-discussions.